By: Rob Aarts
This blog post first appeared on LinkedIn Pulse.
Today RES released RES ONE Automation 2015 Service Release 1, Some new features of this release can be found below:
- Use variable or parameter in ‘Security Context’ in these tasks:
– Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager;
– Active Directory: Computer, Group, Object, Organizational and User;
– Exchange Mailbox Tasks.
- Consistent behavior when publishing run books:
If you right-clicked the Run Book on the Run Books tab, the option Publish in RES ONE Service Store was available from the context menu even when service store integration was disabled .
- It’s now possible to select the complete text by using CTRL+A.
This functionality has been added in the fields of the following Tasks:
– Task Show Message Box in the Message field;
– Task Execute Command (Unix/Linux);
– Task Execute Command (Mac OS X);
– Task Execute Command (Windows);
– Task Execute Windows PowerShell Script;
– Task Execute Secure Shell (SSH).
- Improved user experience in job history:
When the Job History was opened or refreshed, in some cases the Console appeared to be hanging, especially when the check box Auto-Refresh was selected.
As always RES Software solved several issues, for example: Auto-Refresh did not work when new Agent was detected, During upgrade Console was shown online while it was stopped, Agents not shown when viewing Module details in Tasks tab and much more which can be found in the release notes over here.